A Little About Me...

My name is Marlena L. Marsh. I am married to my husband, Michael Marsh. We have been married for a little over five years. I am currently attending the University of South Alabama, double majoring in Elementary Education and Speech Therapy. I plan to graduate with honors and go on to teach the youth of today and help them excel and be the leaders of tomorrow.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Podcasts As Teaching Tools

Podcasts are a great tool for the classroom. There are numerous topics and genres to choose from so the possibilities are endless. You can use them for all subject matters and topics discussed. From the podcasts, students can gain new insight on a subject or topic and then discuss their ideas about the podcast in class. This opens up a forum for student interaction and critical thinking/analysis of ideas.
I will use podcasts in my classroom daily and possibly several times a day. I find that podcasts bring subjects alive and discuss them in ways that engage all audiences. I will show video podcasts about the environment, the ocean, and humanitarian issues so that my students will be able to better grasp what is going on around them, all while sitting in their desks.

No comments: