A Little About Me...

My name is Marlena L. Marsh. I am married to my husband, Michael Marsh. We have been married for a little over five years. I am currently attending the University of South Alabama, double majoring in Elementary Education and Speech Therapy. I plan to graduate with honors and go on to teach the youth of today and help them excel and be the leaders of tomorrow.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Technology In The Classroom

Technology in the classroom is a great resource for teachers. From blog posts to custom websites, these tools can be used to further your students learning and correspond with parents. I plan to use both of these tools in my classroom so that my students will have every opportunity available to them so that they will be able to succeed in life. Technology allows for the expansion of curriculum, critical thinking skills, and new subject matter, just to name a few.
I plan to set up a class website in my room so that my students will know the value of the internet. It will be a place where students can ask questions to either me or their classmates, check daily announcements, look at their homework, and be uplifted by the quote of the day. On this website, students can also blog about their day, good or bad, without feeling pressure from me. I will look at the blogs to see what we need to focus on in the upcoming lessons and what the students feel that they have a grasp on. Technology will be a valuable asset in my classroom.

No comments: