A Little About Me...

My name is Marlena L. Marsh. I am married to my husband, Michael Marsh. We have been married for a little over five years. I am currently attending the University of South Alabama, double majoring in Elementary Education and Speech Therapy. I plan to graduate with honors and go on to teach the youth of today and help them excel and be the leaders of tomorrow.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Inspiration For Teaching

My inspiration for teaching is my mother. Her name is Martha Lane. She was a Special Education teacher specializing in Deafness/Severely Handicapped Children for over thirty years. She is an amazing woman who has a passion for children and teaching them to succeed in life. No matter the obstacle in her way, she pursued her dream and the dreams of her students. She has dedicated her life to deafness and is now an interpreter for the deaf since retiring.
I feel that it is important to have a role model for the career that you choose. I feel blessed that my mother is my inspiration and role model. She has taught me to strive for my goals, no matter how lofty. From her, I have begun the journey to becoming an Elementary school teacher and a Speech Therapist. I cannot thank her enough for the support she has shown me and the drive that she has instilled in me to succeed.

No comments: